January 12, 2012

Friends? Pt. 2

A few year after high school things started to derail. In the beginning it was fine I started dating Body and one of my girl best friend (from hear on out referred to as Bestie) started dating one of Body's cousins and the other girl best friend (from hear on out referred to as Girly) had already been dating another one of Body's cousins on and off for 5 years who is one of the dudes I considered to be my BFF (actually he is the one who introduced me and Body -- more like set us up but that's another story for another time and from hear on out referred to as Buddy). There were a lot of triple dates and group hangs. Essentially I was always with 3 of my 4 best friends. Suffice to say that summer was epic then things stop. Then each couple started to have their own problems and then individually people started to have issues too.


Body started to have problem with me and Buddy being so close because he didn't want his family to know our business and if they did he wanted to be the one to tell them. Meh - I could understand that but being who I am I didn't cut off Buddy. Just the things we talked about was less Body related. It was hard to completely omit him from our convos.  Then one night after yet another party Body and I got into a little argument so I let Buddy drive me home. During the car ride someone was ringing down Buddy phone and I turned mine off. We talked he dropped me home and I went to bed. The next afternoon I turn on my phone I have a couple of voicemails and a long A$$ text message from Buddy basically saying that Body thought we hooked up.  --- Say What? --- I didn't even take it serious until I spoke to Body. I guess everyone was looking for us and we were nowhere to be found and we weren't answering our phones. Meh - I could understand how a basic mind would jump to that conclusion but I thought people or at least Body and Girly at this point knew us better than that. We never hid our friendship and in all honesty I could have never hooked up with Buddy partly because physically I was not attracted to him, partly because he was Girly's boo aka my other BFF. Anyway with time the jealously just got worst by mainly Girly but Body as well so to keep them happy we kept our distance and now 5 years later we just don't talk unless we see each other randomly then it is like old times - we simply grew apart.


Girly and I became friend by essentially being involved in the same things.  We were both heavily involved in sports and a friendship was born. Me already being good friends with her then boyfriend I think it was natural for her to get close to assess if there was any threat lol. I really liked her as a person that's why I never cut her off for tryna be sneaky and FAQ-ing my friendship with Buddy. During the whole Buddy situation I never heard a word from her. She chose to believe what was in her head. She was never women enough to even ask me. She started facebooking and saying some really horrible things about me. Exposing things I told her in confidence and basically acting childish. Anyway I had to confront her to nip that shit in the bud. Turns out in her twisted mind it was her way of dealing. She was insecure as fuck. Before then I never seen that side of her and we had been friends for a good 3-4 years. Anyway after this it was clear we weren't as good of friends as I thought. I could not cut her off so I made an effort to try make plans with her but she'd always cancel or something would come up. She was not my man I didn't need to be chasing her so eventually we grew apart.  But when her and Buddy were on a break she would make a guest appearence in my life so we were still friends on a superficial level until her and Buddy got back together. Then when they finally called a quits for good she really tried to make things better. I entertained her of course and finally told her it would never be like it was. So our friendship to this day continues on a superficial level.


Bestie and my fall out happened a bit differently. She was my go to person when I was having issues with Body. She knew A to Z what was going on with us from the beginning. She was always quick to give advice I would listen but not necessarily take it. Anyway after a while she started to turn on Body, asking me why I was with him and telling me I should leave him etcetera. When she saw him she would no longer say hi. It was just kind of weird cause she knew Body longer then me and they were friends or so I thought. Anyway fast forward several months I kept hearing this annoying noise on my computer and I couldn't place it (I always have so many windows and applications open on my laptop even if I'm not using it). Anyway I started to close the windows/tabs one by one until I found the one where the noise was coming from. It was Body Facebook Chat.. He forgot to log out and a few people were trying to talk to him one of them being Bestie. Normally I would have just logged out but it peaked my curiousity like why is Bestie talking to him when she makes it a point to act like she doesn't like him in public. Pretty shady no? I thought so. So I open the chat.


Hello!!! :)
What's up?
What's going on?
Why would you talk to me?
Is this about what I said?


All the messages from her about 10 mins apart. I remember sitting there for almost half an hour contemplating whether I should answer and pretend I was him. I ultimately decided not to do that it was not worth it. But I did check his messages.   There were several messages from her from even before she started acting like she didn't like him.  TALKING pure SHIT. Telling him things I told her about him and basically telling him that he should leave me. Playing both sides. The most recent conversation wasn't that old and it basically said she didn't talk to him in public because she knows how jealous I could get. -___-  and in the same breath saying she knows she could do him better.  Anyway I didn't even bother to confront her I just cut her off without saying a word. As a friend I knew she was going through some serious shit in her life at that time and for me it was better to just cut her off than to confront her on some irrelevant ish. Body was not entertaining her that's all that mattered to me.


The other best friend that was a guy is so irrelevant that I'm not even going to name him. In short he started dating my sister, slowly started treating her like shit. She could not let go of his sorry A$$ and it got to the point where she was disturbing everyone's life in our household by crying every single day and night for about 5 months straight.  She was skipping work and ish. It just got ridiculous. I think it was inevitable that I would have stop being friends with him after they started dating. How can I stay friends with someone who has no respect for my family? Regardless of that he changed anyway, started trying to be a "G" got involved with some fucked up people. Owed the wrong people money and apparently had a death threat on his life.


All in all by the time I was 21 I was over all of this. I tried to rebuild my relationships with all these people except the last dude I just spoke about but is was too late we had already grown too far apart. In general I met new people but they all ended up letting me down (or proving me right which ever way you want to look at it). So maybe I lied in my last post I do use the term "friend" lightly but at the end of the day I expect them to do me wrong. 


#thatsall

No comments:

Post a Comment