January 12, 2012

Friends? Pt. 1

I try not to use that term very lightly because I really don't consider anybody I associate with to be a friend. Most of my friendships are very superficial meaning maybe we will go out to a club, talk about school and the weather and random things in popular media. Maybe we will talk about each others relationships but only about the good things and gossip about what's going on with different people in the city -- like who is pregnant now (lol it is a real epidemic right now I swear there is a baby boom in Montreal). It really depends on who you are to be honest and where you fall on my list of "friends". Maybe that sounds kind of fucked up I don't know but at the end of the day all I have is my family I could careless for friends.

Growing up especially going to school I was involved in a lot of extra curriculars and knew a lot of people. I honestly and truely consider nearly everyone to be my friend. Not necessarily my good friend but I built different levels of friendship most of them leaving me vulnerable in one way or another. At times I did feel uneasy but at the same time I was very naïve and never even considered that people have their own motives and reasons to be talking to me. Or that they would maliciously use things I told them in confidence to their own advantage. Anyway when I graduated high school I had 4 people I considered to be my Best friends - 2 girls and 2 dudes. I was loyalty to a fault when it came to them. I would have done anything for them under the assumption that they would do the same. They knew the intimate details of my life and I thought I knew the same about them.

#tobecontinued

No comments:

Post a Comment