February 08, 2012

Me, Myself and I

"The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself" - Diane Von Furstenberg

I read this quote a few days ago and it inspired me to spend some time working on myself. I think I spent the last few years dependent on other people (by other people I mean Body mostly) for my happiness. There had been times when my emotions yo-yo'd greatly because of him meaning one moment I was ecstatic because of something he said or did and then he would say something or cancel plans we had for a legitimate reason and I would be so grumpy.


Anyway there are a few things that always wanted to do and I think now is the right time to focus on them and do them on my own. There really isn't much that I have gone out and done on my own. I always have company.  The things I want to do may seem basic and they may not all help me better myself in the long run but in general it is something I just want to do. Which is a good enough excuse in itself.


1. I'm going to get my Bartending License. I've been wanting to do this for years now and right now there is a special - $100 off. I start in 2 weeks if they will accommodate the slight conflict with my school schedule.


2. I want to learn to drive stick. I am one of those people who got their licenses as soon as they turned 16 and from the beginning I always wanted to drive manual but people kept telling me just learn automatic it will make my life easier.


3. I want to get laser hair removal. I hate shaving and waxing with a passion. It takes up too much time. I think it would be a good investment for life.  - Has anyone done this? Was it worth it?


4. I want to get a tattoo to remember my grandmother who passed away in 2008. I have the tattoo drawn and ready but I was waiting for someone to come with me to get it.


5. I also want to get another piercing. Maybe 2.


That's all I could think of for now. Ill try to keep ya'll updated with what I actually do. Hopefully all of them before the year ends.

#thatsall

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do #1 and 3. Right now my bartending skills is limited to screwdrivers and jungle juice. I know. Ghettoooooo. I hear 3 hurts like a beast, which isn't a real deterrent for me. The money is. Soon, though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @laki you and me both thats why I want to take the class.. could not start this week like planned but soon

    ReplyDelete