February 01, 2012

Hindsight is 20/20

TrackStar has a girl, that he is clearly not happy with, but nonetheless he has a girl. I wasn't too surprise when I found out -- lol -- who am I kidding I was surprised as fuck. The way he talks texts he makes it seem like he is so lonely. He says he is either always at work or at home watching a movie alone. He says that he is looking for someone special -- he could be out playing games but he has been there done that. Uh huh.

So basically we have been texting back and forth over the last month or so
(remember I said he says he doesn't like talking on the phone *rolls eyes*) lately more than before like everyday sometimes twice a day. He continued to ask me out on a date and after telling him where I stood in the sense that I am not trying to jump into a relationship I accepted because he seemed to understand.

Side note: I met TrackStar in the summer on campus at the gym. He works there as a personal trainer. After a bit of flirting I gave him my number because he offered to train me for FREE (couldn't pass that up) but our schedules never really matched so it never happened. I was also really into Body (times were good) so even though we flirted it would have never been more than that at that time. I seen him on campus again in November/December and that is when we started talking again.

So he finally calls me (#surprisesurprise he knows how to use his cell for something other than text) to set up the details of this date. We talk for a bit. Honestly I was kind of distracted. I was in the middle of reading a paper or something when he called so I wasn't giving him my full attention and then he is like "I'm free Feb 11th but we could see each other before either on campus or at your place" (I hate when people try to invite themselves over to my place -- but that is another story for another time). I tried to cut the call short and was like "sure its a date I'll talk to you later" and he said something along the lines of "yeah if you want I'm just trying to be a good friend". -- BUT WAIT -- I snapped out of what I was doing and started to think of what we were talking about. The first thing that struck me was the date -- Feb 11th. At the time that was 2 1/2 weeks almost 3 weeks away -- why would anyone schedule a date that far in advance especially when its not something overly special? The second thing was his line "trying to be a good friend" wtf did that mean? I didn't know but I didn't question him.

So yesterday I went to the gym on campus to finally take him up on a free training session (he kicked my butt I can't even walk without a limp today). Afterwards he drove me home and we had a conversation the whole way back it was kind of refreshing having a normal convo with him. But at the same time something seemed off. I can't explain it. Anyway he texted me when he got home and then everything made sense:

TrackStar: "I like you. So I have to be honest. I am seeing someone else."
Me: "We aren't together you can see who you want.. Does she know about me?"
TrackStar: "You don't get it. I have a girl."

10 mins no reply

TrackStar: "I hope we can still have our date and chill some more."
Me: "I don't know about alla that. We will talk. Goodnight."

Suffice to say now everything makes sense. Hindsight is 20/20. Like why he doesn't like talking on the phone. And why he schedule the date weeks in advance. And why he repeatedly insist he is trying to be a good friend. I don't think I could be the other woman even though there is something about this guy. Or maybe it is just LUST.

#thatsall

No comments:

Post a Comment