February 06, 2012

Lists: I Will Never Date

Like most women I used to have a list of what I want in a man ideally. But I came to the realization that that list was  ABSOLUTELY pointless and it was like I was deliberately setting myself up for disappointment because no one person was ever going meet all the criteria I had set. So I made another list. A short 5 point list it is more like a deal breaker list, a list of things that I would not accept from a guy right now while I am young and have yet to reach my peak in terms of sex, education, looks and the works. So here it is my I Will Never Date List:

1. A father.

- I realize as I get older and if I am still single I may have to remove this from the list but right now I honestly think I am too young to deal with baby momma drama. I don't want to come second to anybody and at the same time I won't make him chose between me and taking care of his kid. Dead beat dads are the worst. Also if and when I have a kid I want it to be a first time experience for the both us. 

2. A Druggie or Alcoholic.

-If a guy does drugs or drinks alcohol that is his business. But to do it on everyday basis is a NO no for me. Ideally I would want him not to do drugs at all and ever and not to drink in excess. There is a lot more to life then sitting around chilling, drinking and doing drugs.

3. A fat man.

-There is nothing sexier than a guy who is in shape with washboard abs, chest and back muscles and the works. At the same time I would date someone who is not in great shape who has a great personality. However no amount of personality can make up for a double chin and beer belly (how shallow is this lol). But I can't help it it is how I feel.

4. A man with a hygiene problem.

-First off I've been told I am OCD when it comes to this. But I honestly don't think it is too much to ask to be hygienic. I am extra sensitive to scent be it good or bad and I feel shouldn't have to remind him to shower, to wear clean clothes, to brush his teeth etc. I date men not boys and I won't mother them. 

5. A man who is related to an Ex or dated one of my family members.


-Its all about respect even if we don't talk anymore. I would be pissed off if anyone of my family members dated my Ex and I would not do it either. It would make me think did they want him while I was with him?


In general that's it. If I am still single in my late 30s maybe I will drop point 1 and point 3 off the list. But the rest will stand forever. 


#thatsall

2 comments:

  1. Great list. Don't drop 3. The only reason to ever drop 3 is if his money is fat too. I'm just saying..

    ReplyDelete