December 19, 2011

Pro-Choice vs Pro-Life

Before getting into this I want to say that I am by no means an expert on this subject and the views expressed are entirely my own. They may even be a little ignorant as I did not research my opinion but instead formulated it on my own.


With that said I am pro choice. I think every woman should have the right to choose. I don't say that because I had an abortion of my own. In all honesty for a long time I was ashamed that I did have an abortion. To this day no one but Body and 2 of his friends knows that I had an abortion and the reason I was ashamed was because I used it as a form of contraception. I was so careless and ignorant and got what was ultimately coming to me. At the same time I wouldn't change what happen. It was a learning experience and all that good stuff.


The reason I am pro choice is because sometimes there are circumstances beyond a woman's control that cause her to become pregnant. For example why should a woman who was raped be forced to have her rapist baby? Why should that .0000001% (or whatever the statistic is) force you to have a baby when you are fully protected (condom and contraception)? Why can't a woman, who can't even take care of herself, make that one responsible decision to not have the baby? I could go on for days but the fact of the matter is sometimes abortion is the best choice.


And I hate to hear the argument that some people can't have kids so why don't you give it up. Sorry but there are already thousands if not millions of orphans all around the world. If that person really wanted a baby they would go and adopt one regardless of race, religion or anything.. Don't guilt trip women into having babies with that.


#thatsall



2 comments:

  1. I'm very pro-choice, if for no other reason than privacy. Whatever the hell I decide what to do with MY body is MY business. It really shouldn't matter what your reason is. Just the fact that you want one should be enough; the very desire to want an abortion means that baby would be better off. You're right; there are too many orphans, abused, and trafficked kids and it's more responsible to terminate the pregnancy and let folks who want to adopt to adopt one of the millions of kids already born. The majority of pro-life folks are men, which is so ironic. Of course they'd be all for keeping it; they don't have to carry it, birth it, or raise it.

    Good post and nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol true.. you're right no justification necessary. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete